My name is Tabitha Booth, and here is a little bit about me. My husband and I are living in our “hometown” of Louisville KY, which we absolutely love. We’re about to celebrate four years of marriage! Jeremy and I are both self-taught entrepreneurs. We work from home and love the challenges and freedom that comes with that. I myself have been a photographer for 9 years, and I’ve been kicking it cool with Young Living for 3.5 years. I love being outside, Pilates, smoothies, coffee, quality time, educating, traveling, dance parties, and of course coffee.
Tell me about your life before essential oils
It feels like so long ago! My life has changed so drastically since my journey started with Young Living. Before? I struggled feeling like I had anything to offer. I was always tired and lethargic. My community was MUCH smaller. My body reacted really poorly to stress, and I just never knew how to handle it all.
I was young and healthy, yet never felt my best
How has using essential oils changed your life?
A dear friend shared her new discovery of Essential Oils with me, and it just all made so much sense! I stopped looking at my health and body in small sections, and started seeing it all as one big picture. A map that connected it all together. I started thinking more of ways I could support my body, instead of patching up things when they fall apart.
It’s an amazing feeling when you start to feel in control of your own health!
I went on a war-path to creating a more toxin-free home, building our immune system and supporting our wellness. Young Living has made it so easy, and quite fun! I love their Essential Rewards program. I get my favorite products shipped to my door each month, and earn free product each time. I save so much money this way, instead of aimlessly trying random products at Target each time I walk though haha. And it keeps me accountable to using more alternative products that aren’t laden with toxic chemicals. A win-win!
One of the biggest changes that was so unexpected, was the community I gained. I am a part of large oily-loving group, that loves to educate and empower one another (Myrrhmaids). I’ve met people from all over the world, and it’s been such an amazing experience.
Can Essential Oils be dangerous? What are your thoughts on this myth?
I’d have to say, anything can be dangerous! From the cars we drive, to the toxic fumes we inhale from our candles. When it comes to Essential Oils, first and foremost you have to be aware of the quality level you’re using. There is so much misleading branding out there, you really must do your research. Again, you’re in control!
Most Essential Oils found on the shelves of your local store, are full of synthetic, man-made, products.
They only need 5% of pure Essential oil in their bottle to call it pure! Other companies dilute their oils, making it cheaper, or use hybrid plants. This can be dangerous, because you can easily misuse these.I recommend Young Living’s Essential Oils, because they go so far and beyond with their quality control.
But even with these, there are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Start low and slow. Apply only one drop, and to the bottoms of your feet. Learn how you body reacts, and go from there.
- Dilute hot oils with a carrier oil, and always for children. Hot oils, like clove or cinnamon, can feel spicy on the skin. Adding a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil, allows it to cover a larger surface and eliminates irritation.
- Don’t put essential oils in your eyes or ears. And don’t ingest and Essential Oil unless it’s labeled for that. Young Living has an entire line labeled for dietary use.
- If you feel you’re reacting negatively to an essential oil, drink a lot of water (flush out those toxins!), and take a break.
What are 3 easy ways to start using Essential Oils?
- A diffuser is the easiest way to start to use an essential oil! I love diffusing in the morning to help clear the air, and help promote alertness. If you don’t have a diffuser, add some Essential Oils, a pinch of epsom salts, into a glass spray bottle. Top with water and spritz around the room, or on to your pillow.
- Secondly, I’d suggest making some roller bottles. This is a great way to keep your oil close by, already diluted and ready to go. My favorite is Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint in a roller. Great for this spring season! I always use my Thieves blend roller before I take on the day.
- Thirdly, deep breaths! Inhale right from the bottle to support you mood and emotions. Our sense of smell communicates directly with our limbic system. This is where your memories and emotions are stored! You can place a drop into the palms of your hands, rub together then breath deeply from your hands. Instant mood support! Peppermint is great in the car for cognitive function. Or Frankincense when your emotions need a hug.
What are your favorite essential oils or essential oil products?
Frankincense Vitality! It’s great for the skin, emotions, and our immune system. Thieves Vitality is a must as well. Hello wellness support! I’m really obsessed with our Thieves Household line (cleaner, laundry soap, toothpaste..) I love being able to clean our home, my hands, the clothes, all with the support of the Thieves essential oil blend, power of Lemon, and with all plant based ingredients.
Can you recommend some resources if someone wants to learn more about Essential Oils?
Yes! I love the book The Essential Oil Truth Second Edition: the Facts Without the Hype by Jen O’Sullivan. Such an easy read, and you’ll learn so much! There’s also a fun recipe book Oil + Glass Recipe Book by Essential Collective. It’s great for anyone starting out.
Anyone can head to my Essential Oils team site, www.Myrrhmaids.com to learn more about what we do and why we love these products. We offer free public classes as well, you can find those in the Events section.
What is an unusual habit or an absurd thing that you love?
If you look through my Instagram feed, I don’t think you’d find anything unusual or absurd. Except many would say all the Essential Oils would be just that! Haha!
I do love to hammock (you know, like in a tree). And a lot of people think that’s strange, but it’s like the most relaxing and re-energizing activity. The world looks so inviting from a hammock!
If you could have a gigantic billboard anywhere with anything on it, what would it say & why?
You’re doing it, and we’re here for you
Because life is hard, and scary, and more often than not, we don’t have people in our lives recognizing that. Sometimes just standing on our two feet feels like the biggest accomplishment. So many people feel alone in their struggles or achievements. I think a little reminder letting them know we see it, and that they’re not alone would be so great.
What are 1-3 books that have greatly influenced your life?
People Over Profit: Break the System, Live with Purpose, Be More Successful by Dale Partridge is one I try to read every year. If you have a business of any kind, I highly recommend this read!