Spring is finally here and I’m channeling Marie Kondo!!
This month I’m focusing all my efforts into
- that catch-all closet,
- the forgotten drawer in my desk and
- the endless stacks of papers from years past hiding in various storage boxes.
Decluttering has always been fun for me.
Cleaning all the dirt and dust has not:
Turns out that I just wasn’t using the right tools. It’s not that I don’t like cleaning, I just don’t like cleaning with harsh, smelly chemicals that make my hands dry and achy, breathing difficult, give me headaches and brain fog:
- Maybe you’re having a similar struggle with cleaning, or
- maybe you just want to make better choices for your health.
- Maybe you have little ones around the house (two legged or four legged) that you want to protect.
- Maybe your hormones have been acting up, your periods have been irregular or,
- maybe you’re having trouble starting a family and you finally want to stop disrupting your hormones with chemicals
Whatever your WHY may be, you’ve come to the right place.
My chemical-free cleaning routine
The first step of my cleaning routine is wiping down all surfaces. This includes the kitchen countertops, stovetop, all surfaces in our bathroom and living room.
The best part is that I only use one product to get all this done
This guy is small but mighty. I mix 1 capful of the concentrate with water in a sprayer bottle and that’s it! If you don’t believe it’s that simple, check out this video where I show you the whole -mini- process.
The next area I move onto is the sink, toilet and bathtub. I use:
- Thieves cleaner in my sprayer bottle
- White wine vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Essential Oil (get yours here)
Bathtub: I sprinkle baking soda first, then spray with Thieves and lastly scrub with a brush.
Toilet: I mix a little white wine vinegar with my Thieves and spray it down the toilet bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub with a toilet brush. Sometimes I’ll sprinkle some baking soda in the toilet bowl too, if I feel like it’s needed.
Sink: Thieves cleaner all the way! I will use vinegar and baking soda to clean the drain and then drop 5-10 drops down the drain to get rid of anything sticky and make it smell great.
The best part about using Thieves in your bathroom is that you don’t have to rinse it off! With no harsh chemicals, dyes or fragrance, you don’t have to worry about any chemicals harming you or your family.
I use an old fashioned mop to clean my floors. Once upon a time I used a swiffer to clean our floors, which resulted in our dog Mae getting very sick. Lesson learned.
Now I simply mix all of the ingredients below with hot water and mop:
- 1-2tbs Thieves dish soap
- 1 cap full of Thieves Universal Cleaner
- 5 drops Lemon Young Living essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint Young Living essential oil
And that’s about it! I use my bottle of diluted Thieves Cleaner on literally everything in my house, including the inside of the fridge, Mae’s dog crate, mirrors, glass, computer screens, stains. You name it, Thieves cleaner can handle it. Head to this article to learn more about it!
The best part is, that you can get everything you need for this cleaning routine as part of ONE KIT along with 12 essential oils and a diffuser. Click here to learn more!1