I don’t have that many true “obsessions” in life. I like to try new things, and so I rarely get hung up on anything specific for too long….except for bullet proof coffee that is!
I still remember the first time I tried it – at my boyfriend’s (now husband’s) house. He’s been drinking it for years and was very eager to share. I was skeptical about putting a full tablespoon of butter into my coffee and then BLENDING it….but the foam on top kinda sold me.
The metal clarity and intellectual kick that I got out of my coffee that first week of drinking is beyond words.
It felt like being on super woman drugs
My brain was racing a million miles an hour, and I had all this new-found energy! Also, the come downs were not so bad at all, my stomach didn’t hurt and the drink satisfied my hunger too.
I was sold. Never before did I drink coffee every single morning. Now I do.
There are more than enough articles out there on both the health benefits and harmfulness of coffee. I’ll let you be the judge on whether you think coffee is good or bad for you. Here are a few great articles:
For me personally, drinking coffee 3-4 times a week does wonders. I found that having a couple days off from coffee and one day off caffeine completely does the trick for me.
5 ways that high fat coffee improved my life:
- For people following the keto lifestyle (like me), it’s your first daily dose of fats, helping you get into/stay in ketosis – ketosis is a state where your body gets energy by burning fats instead of carbs. This state is achieved over time, but once you get there – my oh my is it great! A full post on the basics of keto is coming soon!
- It gives you mental clarity like nothing else!
- Anyone out there having trouble with being regular in the am, have a bullet.
- Makes intermittent fasting simple as pie!
- Gentle on my stomach – no more acid reflux or cramps!
Wanna try? Stay tuned for my recipe!
Photo Credit: Micah Stinson1