I’ve learned that it is essential to protect my mornings with all my might in order to set myself up for success.
The way my day starts dictates the rest of it.
Here is what my morning looks like:
- Alarm goes off at 6am.
- I get up, use the bathroom, put on my bathrobe and find my way to my meditation cushion. I light a candle + turn on my essential oil diffuser, and settle down to meditate for 5-10mins.
- Put the kettle on, open all blinds, grind coffee. While water is boiling, I sit down with my planner and outline the day ahead in detail – every hour is accounted for. I schedule in my work, my meals, walks with Mae, free time, and movement.
- Make bulletproof coffee + a large glass of lemon water. Settle down for my first 2 hours of work from 7am-9am. This is the most productive time of my day & I schedule the hardest, greatest tasks for that time. I don’t look at my phone, check social media or my email before this time is up.
- 9am – Walk Mae, have breakfast, check social media.
- 10am – Settle in for my 2nd work segment which lasts till lunchtime at 1pm.
My mornings are sacred to me. I will stick to a version of the above on most days, even on the weekends or days off, when I don’t wake up that early.
Evenings are when things get more fuzzy. I’m not my sharpest self in the evenings, and usually try to B-line straight for my bed.
There are a couple things, that I always try to do:
- Stop work no later than 7pm
- Do what I love doing – watch a movie, take a bath, read a book, spend time with Micah.
- Peppermint tea – calms my mind, helps me digest dinner, warms me up.
- My night-time beauty routine (post on this coming soon)
- Turn my essential oil diffuser on.
- After I get into bed I apply my home-made balm to my hands, cuticles and feet (sharing recipe soon!)
- Rub Young Living essential oils on my temples and back of my neck.
- Read or fill my brain with positive thoughts a couple minutes before I doze off – this helps me have good dreams, and not grind my teeth so much at night.
- Ideally lights out by 10pm, but usually it’s more like 11pm
Do you have AM & PM routines? Share in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Chris Montgomery2